After having a couple of podcasts where we discussed the indie homebrew scene and ROM hacking, we decided to hone in on one magical source of nerd power known as Tomas Guinan who has delved into both of these worlds.
In this week’s special episode of The Vagabond Gamecast we conduct our very first interview! Can you smell that Nova Scotian musk yet? That’s right folks, today, we’ve got not one, not two, but THREE of Truro’s finest current/former citizens in your ears today. Tomas joins us for over an hour of chatting about his ongoing Kickstarter for the Eskimo Bob NES game.
Eskimo Bob for the NES is an arcade-style puzzle-platformer with 64 levels, 15 enemy types, two playable characters, two support characters, and a fully functional password system allowing you to save your progress the good old-fashioned way.
Come along as we discuss things such as:
- ・Who is Tomas Guinan?
- ・What is Eskimo Bob?
- ・What experience did he have before this project with game development?
- ・What was Tomas’ inspiration for starting this project?
- ・How long has it taken?
- ・How does one develop for the Nintendo Entertainment System?
- ・How does one go about making physical carts for the NES?
- ・ROM Hacking / Translating
- ・What’s it like to have a Kickstarter?